Friday, February 27, 2009

Fun, Fun, Fun!!








So...the job in Michigan was delayed six weeks and my father-in-law paid for the family to fly home to kill the time! Elle did really good on the airplane. It was kind of neat. We were sitting at the gate in the Detroit airport, watching out the window as they were refueling and readying our plane. Trent turns to see the person that has come to sit next to him. Well...it was the pilot of our plane. He said, "Your little girl is as cute as a button! I could see her from the cockpit of the plane and had to come see her in person!" He then offered to let her ride up front with them, but told us it would be $300 a pound, joking with us of course! We thought that was kind of a fun thing!! My mother-in-law picked us up at the airport and brought us "home". We had not told anyone that we were coming home - so it was a big surprise for my whole family!! Now that we have been back for a few days, we got word on the job situation. So...not only did the job in Michigan get delayed six weeks, we found out today that we will not be returning to that job. I know...I don't know if I am cut out for this stuff!! So it looks like we will be heading straight to South Dakota. Only problem is...our trailer is still in Michigan. We are going to have to try and change our plane tickets and then drive both our trailer and our Honda to South Dakota. It makes me laugh, I mean, what else is there to do!! On a good note, the job in South Dakota is supposed to last at least a year! Our section of the line will end in Nebraska next spring sometime!! What can I say...Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

5 comments:

  1. Are you serious Jenni??? I couldn't do it! You are a stronger women then I am! When does the New job start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that means you're leaving again... :( BUT, yea!!!! That means you have a job again and a nice paycheck every friday again! :) I'm having a hard time picking which one I want to focus on, but I'll keep working on the smiley face! Way to be positive, Jen! I admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you leaving again!??!? I am not happy about that for me...I am so sad. I love you too much.

    You are one strong woman...I am proud of you for keeping a smile on your face and going with the flow. You are an inspiration...way to be.

    love you Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you are here........I want to see you, and your baby, and I want you to meet my Sydnee! Call Me!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn...wow, you are a trooper! It is all worth is when you are with your family, but it is hard to pick up and leave no matter what. Little Elle is a trooper to. That is a neat story about the pilot.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete