Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Friends

So...I always knew that being a member of the church has many benefits. In fact, as I thought about it, every job that I have ever had (minus one) I have worked for members of the church. They were not all active, but all members, none the less. Recently, I have been blessed to find friends wherever we may be. Last Sunday, I recognized a girl that just happened to be in one of my single's wards at BYU. Her name is Bethany. She recognized me too!! As we talked, she asked for my number and even called me this week. She was having some other ladies over to just chat and have some lunch and let all of the kids play together!! This was so much fun. And just being members of the church we have lots in common and much to talk about. Elle really enjoyed herself as she was jabbering the whole time; thinking, I'm sure, that she was communicating. She finally got tired and just fell asleep on her blanket. We talked for hours and then I decided that I had better get back home. Hopefully, we will have many more little outings...maybe I'll even have them over to our trailer!!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweetie...I don't think you will ever have to worry about not having friends. You are such a happy, kind person...love you so much.

    BTW: I got your card! You are too sweet. It is so cute too. Thanks for thinking of me. My v-day was pretty lame...so this made up for that a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that the church helps in all our aspects of life. Even the "little" things like the need for friends and companions.

    ReplyDelete