Monday, February 9, 2009

The Monroe Ward

So I looked up when and where we had church. It turns out to be about ten miles away, in a very small meetinghouse. We pulled in about ten minutes before the meeting was supposed to start. Trent thought that we must be in the wrong place, because outside of our car, there were about three other cars in the parking lot. We decided to go in and check things out. The chapel/gymnasium is the first room you come to. The chapel was so small it did not have pues, but individual padded chairs. When I say padded, I am being very generous! Poor Trent has Sacrament Meeting, Sunday School, and Priesthood all on those chairs. Luckily, Relief Society has it's own room and your typical RS comfy chairs!! People were very friendly...and it turns out that my neighbor I met while taking out the trash is LDS!!! I think she was more excited than I was. She started crying when she saw us come in. She is divorced and lives alone with her dog. She snuggled up to Elle like she were her own granddaughter - it was pretty sweet!!
So I went to make Elle a bottle this morning and found a VERY small trickle of water coming from the faucet. I asked Trent about it before he went to work and he said that everything on our end looked good, and that I needed to call the park manager. Come to find out that there had been a water main that busted in the middle of the night and they had to turn off the water in the entire park. This put a damper on my day's agenda. I had the car and Elle all packed up with two weeks of laundry in tow, when I heard the news. Maybe I will have better luck tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! This is good news! Well, except for the broken water main thing, but at least you'll have a friend! When are the weight watchers meetings?! I've got Emily committed to get started again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 miles isn't bad we have members of our ward who live 50+ miles away!
    Sorry about the water troubles, hope it's fixed now. Glad to hear that your neighbor is a member, that will be nice.

    ReplyDelete