Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

So here we are eating our ice cream "pre" fireworks!! Elle was really excited in anticipation and enjoying the small neighborhood firework displays!! She would say, "Ooo...so pretty!" I thought to myself that I was actually going to have a good time with her this year! Well...the big picture on the bottom right corner is what happened immediatly after the first "big" firework went off! She "jumped" out of her chair and in to her daddy's arms...and it just got worse from there!



We ended up getting in the car and driving a little ways away, so that the "BOOMS" weren't so scary. At the beginning, she didn't want anything to do with our adventure...and buried her head into daddy's chest saying, "I'm done, I'm done". :o( We decided to start saying what color the fireworks were then all of the sudden she lifted her head and began calling out the colors with us...and the scary part was magically forgotten!! Silly little girl!! These are some pics from inside the car!! Awe...memories!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time--even though you ended up in the car! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I found Julie Kaye and now you! Love the blog!

    Pixie

    I got one too, check it out:
    www.familyduffey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...poor Elle. I think kids are so funny. They all usually get scared of the noise at first...then as we get older we learn to love it...I know that I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW: I miss you tons. I can't wait until you come home again.

    ReplyDelete